3/27/2007

Damn setbacks!

Why do they delay European movie releases in the states?! I was just getting all psyched about Sunshine, now it's not coming out until September! It comes out in the UK in two weeks, and just about everywhere eles except America.



It looks so fantastic, exactly what I'm looking for in a movie. It's adult sci-fi as coined by the IFC blog. She even mentioned The Fountain as being in the same vein as this movie.

Maybe they think Americans are gonna get it confused with 28 Weeks Later, the sequel to Danny Boyle's film 28 Days Later. This movie will actually be coming out here in May.
And I saw in the trailer that Idris Elba ("The Wire"'s Stringer Bell) stars as one of the military guys. Sadly, he's got an American accent. I so desperately want to hear his true British accent, since I recently found out he's from the UK.

28-weeks-later-poster.jpg

No comments: