1/31/2007

Listen to this or else: Thieves Like Us

These three lads of Thieves Like Us met each other in Berlin in '02. And I'm glad that they did. Two of them are Swedes and the other is American. And together they make disco, electro-clash beats.

I cannot stop playing "Drugs in my body". It's so light and fun. Reminiscent of Junior Boys & Cut Copy. I love those synth, melodic beats. It's a straightforward good jam. His voice is sweet, almost childlike giving an innocence to the dark tone of the song.

http://www.thieves-like-us.com/covers/Drugs-In-My-Body-12inch.jpg

And well deservedly, Kitsune grabbed them up. I can't wait to get a full length serving. I wonder when they'll make the rounds to LA. I've only read about some NYC gigs. Can't they give the west coast some love?

No comments: