10/11/2006

Feel the good funky beats!


I've discovered a ton of good music this summer (thanks to BigStereo, Stereogum, Villiage Indian, Neiles Life etc).


White Rose Movement - Kick fucking rocks! I love "Love is a number". If you love Bloc Party, it's a must. And the singer's falsetto voice is so new wave. I simply can't stop listening to it. They're British and the cd is still an import here.


Young Love's "Discotech" is my number one song on the dancefloor. It's more new wave, electro, dancepunk that I just can't get enough of. Expect the album to be out in in January 2007, which totally sucks.


In a more rock vein, I fucking love "Bonnie Brae" by The Twilight Singers. It was used on Rescue Me, handpicked by Denis Leary himself! Can't get a better recomendation than that!


The next is my guilty pleasure track, which is horribly simple but so goddamn good. I can't fight the Timbaland beats. It's Justin Timberlake's "Sexy Back". I fucking love pumping it at work (in the privacy of my own headphones, unlike some other people I know). It's all retreaded but still dancy enough for me.


Erlend Oye has a new gig with The Whitest Boy Alive. I love "Dead End". I don't have the disc yet but it's on my list. Apparently, they're pretty boring live according Amrit. But I still dig it.


A few others I will throw out are Spank Rock, any Phones remix I can get my hands on, Planningtorock (see bigstereo), Test Icicles, Girl talk, & the Rakes.


Long live sweet tunes.

*post from 8/28/06


No comments: